GRAISEA 2 – OXFAM and PT. Alter Trade Indonesia (PT. ATINA)
- Feb 08, 2019
Gender Transformative and Responsible Agribusiness Investments in South East Asia (GRAISEA) is a regional programme which is funded by the Embassy of Sweden in Bangkok aims to overcome barriers to development through responsible, gender transformative value chains and private sector investments.
GRAISEA 2 with PT. ATINA:
1. Improved voice, agency and confidence of women.
2. Enhanced skills and capacity of women.
3. More positive social norms, gender dynamics & more equal distribution of unpaid care work.
4. Increased economic opportunities, policy that creates an enabling environment for Woman Economic Empowerment.
PT. ATINA, working together with OXFAM in GRAISEA 2 will pursue three strands of work.
Support will be provided to the development of sustainable shrimp aquaculture that integrates women’s economic empowerment and climate change.
Other highlights from the GRAISEA 2 activity plan include:
• The incorporation of climate resilience into all activities through the use of a multi-stakeholder climate risk assessment that develops a common understanding of climate change projections and how risk is spread along the value chain.
• The strengthening of producer groups to attain compliance with Asian Seafood Improvement Collaborative standards.
• The development of a taskforce comprised of farmers, companies, civil society and government to support the ongoing sustainable development of the sector
• The connection to a new women’s entrepreneurs’ platform that facilitates access to other sources of support, connecting them to sources of finance